From Friday, May 29 through Sunday, May 31, Northern Grade – the nationally-acclaimed roving marketplace, featuring brands that manufacture their goods in the U.S. – will land in Washington, DC, for the first time. The two-day, free and open-to-the-public retail experience will take place inside of Union Market’s Dock 5 space, located adjacent to the market. Dock 5, home to previous fashion events, including the Gilt Warehouse Sale and Thread, will be transformed once again into a bazaar-like journey, showcasing a variety of local and national Men’s and Women’s fashion creatives, along with music, spirits and fine cuisine.
Northern Grade DC will welcome on-trend brands, including:
- Filson (Seattle, WA)
- Chippewa Boots (Fort Worth, TX)
- The Brooklyn Circus (Brooklyn, NY)
- Brookes Boswell (Brooklyn, NY)
- Gamine Workwear (Boston, MA)
- United by Blue (Philadelphia, PA)
- HEUCY (New York, NY)
- Coronado Leather (San Diego, CA)
- Pierrepont Hicks (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1775 Clothing (Los Angeles, CA)
- Stock Manufacturing Co (Chicago, IL)
- Krammer & Stoudt (New York, NY)
- Shockoe Atelier (Richmond, VA)
- Lumina (Raleigh, NC)
- Throne Watches (Brooklyn, NY)
- 440 Supply (Raleigh, NC)
Several local DC brands will also be part of the fun:
- Gordy’s Pickle Jar
- Appointed, Florescent Co.
- Boldfoot Socks
- Be Clean
- Gitli Goods
- Mallory Shelter Jewelry
- Kicheko Goods
- Caryn Cramer
- Local men’s boutiques Mutiny DC and Federal
Style setters may recognize the exclusively-made in the USA market from cities such as Austin, Moscow, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Minneapolis. “After collaborating last year with GQ and Fashionsita for separate men’s and women’s marketplaces last year, we are beyond excited for the launch of our first combined event in Washington DC at Union Market”, says Northern Grade Co-founder Katherine McMillan. “We have produced 21 events all around the country over the last few years, but this will be the most diverse line up of brands we have ever had involved in terms of style and product offerings”.
Northern Grade will set-up-shop adjacent to Union Market, at Dock 5, on Friday, May 29 from 3-8pm; Saturday, May 30 from 11am-7pm;Sunday, May 31 from 11am-5pm.